Τρίτη 20 Οκτωβρίου 2009

Is someone there..?

S SOMEONE THERE?

Is someone there? Am I alone?
It's dark and I can't see anyone.
I thought I saw a star on high
then it twinkled, and was lost to the eye.
Perhaps a flame in darkness seen!
Alas, just a glimpse of what might have been.

A piece of driftwood on the shore
enslaves the story of days of yore.
A wooden fence, neglected, forlorn,
in an empty pasture, broken and torn.
The moon, forsworn to secrets hold,
could tell its tales from times of old.

Am I alone? Is someone there?
A hand to touch, a heart to share?
Was that a shadow I glimpsed ahead?
Where there's a shadow there's light, it's said.
I'll keep going on through the dark and cold
for ahead is the light, and a kindred soul.
© Joyce P. Hale

1 σχόλιο:

ΑΝΑΣΑ είπε...

Πολύ όμορφο Ειρήνη μου...εδώ είμαστε